Join the committee on Libraries Serving People with Print Disabilities (LPD), the International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA), and the American Printing House for the Blind (APH) for the 2016 LPD Satellite Conference, August 11-12, 2016.
IFLA Section 31:Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities (LPD) www.ifla.org/lpd
Preconference Satellite to IFLA’s WLIC 2016 in Columbus, Ohio, USA http://conference.ifla.org/ifla82
THEME: Creating an inclusive community of readers
TITLE: Tailoring the Reading Experience to Meet Individual Needs
OUR VISION: Making sure that everybody can have the best possible reading experience
- through library services catering to all kinds of print disabilities,
- through rich audio and text books that are widely available, including description of images and/or tactile formats
- through personalized ways of reading.
Presentations will raise and discuss such topics as:
- Facilitating the book selection process
- Changing role of the librarian from the Marrakesh perspective.
- Finding and sharing accessible materials and collections
- Accessible audio book technologies
- Serving the full spectrum of print disabilities
- Creating inclusive communities through programming and events
- The added value of an analog service at heart in the digital era.
- Promoting Braille literacy
To register for the conference and get the latest details, go to: http://www.aph.org/tailoring-the-reading-experience/