Call for papers for the LPD Satellite Conference
IFLA Section 31: Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities (LPD) www.ifla.org/lpd
Preconference Satellite to IFLA’s WLIC 2016 in Columbus, Ohio, USA http://conference.ifla.org/ifla82
Theme: Creating an inclusive community of readers
TITLE: Tailoring the Reading Experience to Meet Individual Needs
OUR VISION: Making sure that everybody can have the best possible reading experience
- through library services catering to all kinds of print disabilities,
- through rich audio and text books that are widely available, including description of images and/or tactile formats
- Through personalised ways of reading.
Presentations will raise and discuss such topics as:
- Facilitating the book selection process
- Changing role of the librarian from the Marrakesh perspective.
- Finding and sharing accessible materials and collections
- Accessible audio book technologies
- Serving the full spectrum of print disabilities
- Creating inclusive communities through programming and events
- The added value of an analog service at heart in the digital era.
- Promoting Braille literacy
DATES OF THE CONFERENCE: 11-12 August 2016 (satellite to WLIC Columbus, Ohio)
LOCATION: Galt House Hotel. 140 N 4th St, Louisville, KY 40202, USA
This IFLA WLIC 2016 preconference is organised by IFLA Libraries Serving Persons with Print Disabilities Section in cooperation with the American Printing House for the Blind, Louisville, Kentucky, USA
Papers should be submitted and presented in English.
Submissions should include
- title of the paper
- abstract fitting in with the topic of the conference in max. 300 words
- authors names and speaker’s name, professional affiliation, postal address, email address and brief biographical note and a photo
Please submit your proposals to Koen Krikhaar firstname.lastname@example.org
All proposals must be in by 1 March 2016.
Proposals will be evaluated by the satellite program committee group and
successful applicants will be informed by 15 March 2016.
All expenses, such as travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the authors/presenters. Letters of invitation can be issued to presenters upon request.